events firing twice, and other fun stuff!

A forum for reporting bugs NOT related to custom plugins.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Rusty~
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:55 pm

events firing twice, and other fun stuff!

Post by Rusty~ » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:25 pm

A few of the events in my macro are firing twice. Upon searching I found near the end of this thread
dont_know_at_all wrote:I believe there is a bug with using #1# at the beginning of a line but I haven't had a chance to track it down yet.

#event YouSay "#*#You say, '#1#'" fires twice
#event YouSay "You say, '#1#'" does not
My problem is in events where I can't help but have params at the beginning, such as these:

Code: Select all

#event CastSpell "#1# tells you, 'cast #2# on #3#'"
#event DamageNonMelee "|${Me.Name}| hit #*# for #1# points of non-melee damage#*#"
#event RageOn "#*#has become ENRAGED#*#" 
Every one of these fires twice. It seems using anything at the beginning other than normal text will cause this.

Are there any possible workarounds for what i'm trying to do? I can't think of any really atm. And is there any chance this will be fixed?

One more thing, completly unrelated to top of this thread. ${Me.GroupMember[x]} seems to not really work either. It'll will work when the group is first formed.. but it gets buggy when people start droping and getting rearranged in the group. Example... I invite a warrior, cleric, wizard, and druid, in that order. The group window would look like this:

1. Warrior
2. Cleric
3. Wizard
4. Druid

${Group[3].Name} and ${Me.GroupMember[3]} will both return the wizard's name (like they should). Now say the cleric goes LD.. the group window would look like this:

1. Warrior
2. Wizard
3. Druid

${Group[3].Name} would return the name of the druid like it should... but ${Me.GroupMember[3]} will still return the name of the wizard, and ${Me.GroupMember[2]} would return NULL

Yeah i know, it's kind of minor. The only reaon i need to use ${Me.GroupMember[x]} is for my group window HUD. Atm i have to just use ${Group[x].Name}, so when someone is out of zone, it wont show their name.

User avatar
Cr4zyb4rd
Plugins Czar
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:46 am

Post by Cr4zyb4rd » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:18 pm

Yeah i know, it's kind of minor. The only reaon i need to use ${Me.GroupMember[x]} is for my group window HUD. Atm i have to just use ${Group[x].Name}, so when someone is out of zone, it wont show their name.
I thought GroupMember was removed in the release on the 20th. There were (and still are) some problems with Group[].Name that it was supposed to resolve..or didn't..or something..the whole thing's rather confusing and I got the impression tht even the dev's didn't know quite what was going on here.

I *think* the problem is that Group[].Name just references the group member struct in memory, and insofar as it does that, it behaves correctly. The struct itself doesn't always (or for that matter often) jive with the actual "live" status of the group. The only solutions that i've seen involve parsing the labels from the group window in the UI, and I'm not too crazy about that.

Doubtless there should be a painless way to simply figure out who's in the group and who the group leader is *right now* without getting null returns and other strange behavior. I think it's just a matter of convincing Amadeus or somebody that there's a problem here. I don't want to make a "fix" for the TLO that's working correctly in the technical sense...I think that's what they were going for with the GroupMember[] thing. I'll try to ring some bells and see how we can resolve this.

Marze
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:08 pm

Post by Marze » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:23 am

I use the IRC plugin to pass commands and IRC events are ALWAYS firing twice, even if there are no variables anywhere in the trigger text.