Aug 19 Zip compile error.

A forum for reporting bugs NOT related to custom plugins.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Goofmester1
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:26 am

Aug 19 Zip compile error.

Post by Goofmester1 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:44 am

Wish I could be more help but not sure what this means.. I am using VS6 with sp6 and when I download Aug 19 zip and try compile I get

Code: Select all

Linking...
   Creating library ../Release/MQ2Main.lib and object ../Release/MQ2Main.exp
MQ2Commands.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall EQClasses::AltAdvManager::IsAbilityReady(class EQClasses::EQ_PC *,struct EQData::_ALTABILITY *,int *)" (?IsAbilityReady@AltAdvManager@EQClasses@@QAE_NPAVEQ_PC@2@PAU
_ALTABILITY@EQData@@PAH@Z)
MQ2Commands.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: unsigned long __thiscall EQClasses::AltAdvManager::GetCalculatedTimer(class EQClasses::EQ_PC *,struct EQData::_ALTABILITY *)" (?GetCalculatedTimer@AltAdvManager@EQClasses@@QAEKPAVE
Q_PC@2@PAU_ALTABILITY@EQData@@@Z)
../Release/MQ2Main.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

MQ2Main.dll - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
thanks for the continued support

User avatar
aChallenged1
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:12 pm

Post by aChallenged1 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:57 am

Hmmm. I can't say I can follow the errors. But I also run VS6 and have a bunch of extra plugins set up as well. Made the changes I need to eqgame.h (minor ones) and it all compiled pretty much out of the box.

Do a small test, make a testmq directory, extract all files to it from zip and try to just compile that as is with no mods. If that works then you did something in the other that it is not liking. Find that and problem solved, hopefully.
Fuck writing MQ2 macros. Go with IS scripts; IS Rules!

Goofmester1
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:26 am

Post by Goofmester1 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:22 am

Well thanks, guess I got a corruption on the unzip.. haven't ever had that before. Just reunzipped it and it compiled fine.. Thanks for the heads up that it was working for you.