Bug: MAXFPS in background mode

A forum for reporting bugs NOT related to custom plugins.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

SwiftyMUSE
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1205
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:52 pm

Bug: MAXFPS in background mode

Post by SwiftyMUSE » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:12 pm

I have set maxfps to 35fg/2bg. When running EQ normally, it is using the background parameter in foreground mode. I am getting limited to 2fps.

Lax
We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:01 pm
Location: ISBoxer
Contact:

Post by Lax » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:22 pm

Hmm... they must have changed something. When not using EQW, it will use the background parameter 100% of the time.

I'll have to look deeper into this, could be related to their new engine crap
Lax Lacks
Master of MQ2 Disaster
Purveyor of premium, EULA-safe MMORPG Multiboxing Software
* Multiboxing with ISBoxer: Quick Start Video
* EQPlayNice, WinEQ 2.0

SwiftyMUSE
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1205
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:52 pm

Post by SwiftyMUSE » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:26 pm

Just some more info... I don't use EQW and normally not windowed mode within EQ. I am using full-screen mode. Prior to this most recent patch for the 3/16 dated eqgame, it would work as I stated. FG for when active and BG for when I minimized the game (out of focus).

Thanks for looking at this... right now, i just set the FG and BG parameters the same for maxfps.

shuttle
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:08 am

Post by shuttle » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:20 pm

I am seeing the same thing.

my defaults are 60 FG / 5 BG. I set BG to 60 and I get my normal frame rate. The FG and BG are not reversed. and setting FG to any setting has no effect.

shuttle

Lax
We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:01 pm
Location: ISBoxer
Contact:

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:35 pm

note what i said ..
Hmm... they must have changed something. When not using EQW, it will use the background parameter 100% of the time.

I'll have to look deeper into this, could be related to their new engine crap
This can be read as "If anyone posts after this and says 'i also see this problem', they are useless"

You can get around the problem by using EQW. I'm going to lock this thread because nothing anyone says can possibly help, I'll reply after it's solved.
Lax Lacks
Master of MQ2 Disaster
Purveyor of premium, EULA-safe MMORPG Multiboxing Software
* Multiboxing with ISBoxer: Quick Start Video
* EQPlayNice, WinEQ 2.0