Post
by Mckorr » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:42 am
EQLib.dll will cause eqgame.exe to remain in memory (in my case as a process instead of an application, not sure how it looks on WinMe or earlier) unless prior to exiting EverQuest you issue MQ a /unload command.
If you forget to do that, you need to use Task Manager to kill the eqgame.exe process after shutting down EQ and exiting MQ.
If for some reason you do not /unload MQ, and EQ crashes to the desktop, there will be two instances of eqgame.exe in memory when you restart EQ. This can cause extra lag to be generated due to memory (RAM) useage.
I sometimes use a "camping macro"... basically it issues the sit command, camp, waits 25 seconds, then unloads MQ right before EQ camps out. If I'm hit, i.e. I abandon camping by being forced to stand up, the macro exits, and the /unload command is never issued.