Quick and easy stun check

Macro depository for macros written before the user variable changes that broke all of them.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

GoatFoot
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:48 am

Quick and easy stun check

Post by GoatFoot » Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:58 am

Code fragement

Code: Select all

sub Fragment
   .
   .
   :Stunned
   /if $char(state)==STUN {
      /delay 1  | set delay to whatever works for you.
      /goto :Stunned
   }
/return

User avatar
SingleServing
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:00 pm

Re: Quick and easy stun check

Post by SingleServing » Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:44 pm

GoatFoot wrote:Code fragement

Code: Select all

sub Fragment
   .
   .
   :Stunned
   /if $char(state)==STUN {
      /delay 1  | set delay to whatever works for you.
      /goto :Stunned
   }
/return
It would most likely be more effective to make this an event

#event Stun "You have been stunned."

Sub Event_Stun

/if "$char(state)"=="STUN" {
/delay 1 | set delay to whatever works for you.
/goto :Stunned
}

/return
[color=DarkBlue]Everything,[/color] [color=DarkBlue][b]is[/b][/color] [color=black]black[/color] [color=DarkBlue]and[/color] [color=white]white[/color][color=DarkBlue], when you zoom out it looks[/color] [color=gray]grey[/color][color=DarkBlue].[/color]

User avatar
ap50
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:29 pm

Post by ap50 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:30 am

No, it would be better with a STUN flag, as he's requesting, because there are a number of STUNs that don't appear as "You have been stunned" mainly spells.. eg, HP of Ssra's stun proc tells you "You are halted by the stunning sermon of Ssraeshza."
[color=yellow][size=92][b]Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you![/b][/size][/color]

User avatar
SingleServing
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:00 pm

Ah

Post by SingleServing » Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:36 pm

Ok good point

:D

You can still make an event for "you have been stunned by the snake spell you n00b"

Not sure if you can be stunned without getting a message ? If you can then forget it but you could jsust make events for the different possible stun texts

"Stunned'
"Encased in stone"
"snake spell n00b"

etc etc
[color=DarkBlue]Everything,[/color] [color=DarkBlue][b]is[/b][/color] [color=black]black[/color] [color=DarkBlue]and[/color] [color=white]white[/color][color=DarkBlue], when you zoom out it looks[/color] [color=gray]grey[/color][color=DarkBlue].[/color]

YKW-28983
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:37 pm

Post by YKW-28983 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:00 pm

My guess is that he is all set with what he had made... may I ask why you always reply to a code with your verry own code? they ask for help on their code not for you to whip out yours.

GoatFoot
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:48 am

Re: Quick and easy stun check

Post by GoatFoot » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:18 pm

SingleServing wrote: It would most likely be more effective to make this an event

#event Stun "You have been stunned."
I tried this first, and therefore assumed that others had also.
I found the "/if $char(state)" test to be both more effective and make for a faster running script in those instances where being stunned might be an interesting thing to know.

User avatar
SingleServing
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:00 pm

Post by SingleServing » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:41 am

YKW-28983 wrote:My guess is that he is all set with what he had made... may I ask why you always reply to a code with your verry own code? they ask for help on their code not for you to whip out yours.
I'm trying to be helpful, I was giving him a possible new perspective on something to try. I appriciate when people suggest different ways to do something in code and its a very good way to learn. Seeing as your post was merely a flame and added no information I ask you to keep to the topic.

Thanks
[color=DarkBlue]Everything,[/color] [color=DarkBlue][b]is[/b][/color] [color=black]black[/color] [color=DarkBlue]and[/color] [color=white]white[/color][color=DarkBlue], when you zoom out it looks[/color] [color=gray]grey[/color][color=DarkBlue].[/color]

YKW-28983
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:37 pm

Post by YKW-28983 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:07 pm

SingleServing wrote:
YKW-28983 wrote:My guess is that he is all set with what he had made... may I ask why you always reply to a code with your verry own code? they ask for help on their code not for you to whip out yours.
I'm trying to be helpful, I was giving him a possible new perspective on something to try. I appriciate when people suggest different ways to do something in code and its a very good way to learn. Seeing as your post was merely a flame and added no information I ask you to keep to the topic.

Thanks
Don't even start with keeping stuff to the topic.. you spam all over this boards with useless comments that have nothing to do with topics.

User avatar
tuxracer
Esse Quam Videri
Esse Quam Videri
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:01 am

Post by tuxracer » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:57 pm

YKW-28983, if you wish to remain welcome on these forums I *highly* suggest that you reconsider your additude towards the people here.

Image
[url=http://www.studentpeaceaction.org/][img]http://www.studentpeaceaction.org/images/support.gif[/img][/url]

User avatar
tuxracer
Esse Quam Videri
Esse Quam Videri
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:01 am

Post by tuxracer » Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:30 pm

This topic's subject does not follow the rules. Locking.

http://macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=59
[url=http://www.studentpeaceaction.org/][img]http://www.studentpeaceaction.org/images/support.gif[/img][/url]