Post your completed (working) macros here. Only for macros using MQ2Data syntax!
Moderator: MacroQuest Developers
-
A_Druid_00
- Macro Maker Extraordinaire
- Posts: 2378
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:45 pm
- Location: Rolling on the Lawn Farting
Post
by A_Druid_00 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:42 pm
Last edited by
A_Druid_00 on Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.
[quote]<DigitalMocking> man, A_Druid_00 really does love those long ass if statements
<dont_know_at_all> i don't use his macro because i'm frightened of it[/quote]
[quote][12:45] <dont_know_at_all> never use a macro when you can really fuck up things with a plugin[/quote]
-
Cr4zyb4rd
- Plugins Czar
- Posts: 1449
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:46 am
Post
by Cr4zyb4rd » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:54 pm
You need better sanity checks on those buffs. If you already have something that over-writes grim aura you'll chain-cast the earring, etc
-
A_Druid_00
- Macro Maker Extraordinaire
- Posts: 2378
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:45 pm
- Location: Rolling on the Lawn Farting
Post
by A_Druid_00 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:59 pm
Forgot to add that disclaimer.
Disclaimer: I use mq2buffblock to block the buffs that overwrite my clickies like Mage DS, Ranger Buffs, etc. Look for it in your friendly neighborhood plugin section. Alternatively, you can add a bunch of && statements to the /ifs that check for buffs.
[quote]<DigitalMocking> man, A_Druid_00 really does love those long ass if statements
<dont_know_at_all> i don't use his macro because i'm frightened of it[/quote]
[quote][12:45] <dont_know_at_all> never use a macro when you can really fuck up things with a plugin[/quote]
-
firehawk
- orc pawn

- Posts: 17
- Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:17 am
Post
by firehawk » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:19 am
Did i miss it, or is there anyway you can throw a snare in there, more for a group setting but hey

-
A_Druid_00
- Macro Maker Extraordinaire
- Posts: 2378
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:45 pm
- Location: Rolling on the Lawn Farting
Post
by A_Druid_00 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:12 am
It's possible, but not something I plan on adding. If I'm doing debuffing I run my idledruid.mac from my (Mostly) complete raiding package, and take care of it manually so as not to have to worry about going splat due to aggroing and just sitting there like an idiot.
And for a group setting, there are better options out there than this little mac.
[quote]<DigitalMocking> man, A_Druid_00 really does love those long ass if statements
<dont_know_at_all> i don't use his macro because i'm frightened of it[/quote]
[quote][12:45] <dont_know_at_all> never use a macro when you can really fuck up things with a plugin[/quote]
-
Cr4zyb4rd
- Plugins Czar
- Posts: 1449
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:46 am
Post
by Cr4zyb4rd » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:42 am
And for a group setting, there are better options out there than this little mac.
Such as feedme.mac by itself.
-
JGC84
- a ghoul

- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:51 am
Post
by JGC84 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:42 am
And for a group setting, there are better options out there than this little mac.
i have yet to see a druid macro for group setting that plays well enough that i can focus on my homework and just glance at the screen without someone getting pissy
ACK! I think I blew it up....
I dont think your allowed to talk about this outside of a "free speech zone" anymore.
-
A_Druid_00
- Macro Maker Extraordinaire
- Posts: 2378
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:45 pm
- Location: Rolling on the Lawn Farting
Post
by A_Druid_00 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:58 pm
Yeah, but even this one doesn't go that far. I'm hearing advbot is pretty handy, I've yet to use it though.
[quote]<DigitalMocking> man, A_Druid_00 really does love those long ass if statements
<dont_know_at_all> i don't use his macro because i'm frightened of it[/quote]
[quote][12:45] <dont_know_at_all> never use a macro when you can really fuck up things with a plugin[/quote]
-
Dorian
- decaying skeleton

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:51 pm
Post
by Dorian » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:18 pm
Annoying feature:
When parsing for buff requests, is there any way for it to respond to only '9', and not 69. Or just 'nine' and not asinine? I tried every way of putting the strings in quotes that I could come up with, and had no success.
I believe you could use ${ChatText.Equal[nine]} || ${ChatText.Equal[9]} || ${ChatText.Equal[skin]} if you want to only respond to exact buff requests. This assumes people can spell correctly and understand they only need to "/tell you nine", and not "/tell you nine plz kk wtfbuffme"
-
A_Druid_00
- Macro Maker Extraordinaire
- Posts: 2378
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:45 pm
- Location: Rolling on the Lawn Farting
Post
by A_Druid_00 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:08 pm
Yeah, I thought about doing that Dorian, but I didn't want to end up ignoring half my buff requests because someone was kind enough to say please. I'd rather accidentally buff someone occasionally than neglect to buff them when they actually need it. I was toying with the idea of doing
#event "#*# 9#*#"
#event "#*#9 #*#"
etc
But, that's a lot of damn events to cut out a bunch of odd situations that rarely occur.
[quote]<DigitalMocking> man, A_Druid_00 really does love those long ass if statements
<dont_know_at_all> i don't use his macro because i'm frightened of it[/quote]
[quote][12:45] <dont_know_at_all> never use a macro when you can really fuck up things with a plugin[/quote]
-
Cr4zyb4rd
- Plugins Czar
- Posts: 1449
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:46 am
Post
by Cr4zyb4rd » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:16 pm
I already told you how to do this...it was more fun to ignore me and spam me about events I guess

-
A_Druid_00
- Macro Maker Extraordinaire
- Posts: 2378
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:45 pm
- Location: Rolling on the Lawn Farting
Post
by A_Druid_00 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:22 pm
Quotes in Chat.Find didn't work fag. Please re-explain it again if I missed another of you sage-like suggestions.
[quote]<DigitalMocking> man, A_Druid_00 really does love those long ass if statements
<dont_know_at_all> i don't use his macro because i'm frightened of it[/quote]
[quote][12:45] <dont_know_at_all> never use a macro when you can really fuck up things with a plugin[/quote]
-
Dorian
- decaying skeleton

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:51 pm
Post
by Dorian » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:41 pm
Well, you could use a method I did, which was based off your script, was to put a reply to guildmembers that gave you incorrect tells, with a help message.
Something like...
/if (${ChatText.find[nine]} && !${ChatText.Equal[nine]})
/call TargetGuy
/tt If I am not responding to a certain buff request try telling me "HELP" without the quotes for a list of buffs that I respond to.
...would take care of people telling you "nine please". Then you could restrict all your chattext.finds to the exact phrase you wish.
Its a lot of work if you want to respond to a lot of buffs/ports but i guess it would do what you're looking for.
Another option would be to include a respose to all buff requests with a message infomring them to ask for help, or print out the list to them immediately.
-
A_Druid_00
- Macro Maker Extraordinaire
- Posts: 2378
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:45 pm
- Location: Rolling on the Lawn Farting
Post
by A_Druid_00 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:13 pm
Yeah, I guess I could do that, and just make it check for <guildname> before responding. That way I'm not giving every joe on the server a glimpse at what a uber bot I am.
[quote]<DigitalMocking> man, A_Druid_00 really does love those long ass if statements
<dont_know_at_all> i don't use his macro because i'm frightened of it[/quote]
[quote][12:45] <dont_know_at_all> never use a macro when you can really fuck up things with a plugin[/quote]
-
Dorian
- decaying skeleton

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:51 pm
Post
by Dorian » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:25 pm
yeah thats what i'm doing. That way random_toon gets no response and guildmembers get whatever message i want to send them.