/varset error

A forum for reporting bugs NOT related to custom plugins.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Have you experienced this problem?

Yes
1
100%
No
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 1

mcnealis
decaying skeleton
decaying skeleton
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:24 am
Location: California
Contact:

/varset error

Post by mcnealis » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:47 pm

Im suprised I havent seen this posted.. Maybe its just my computer. What do you think:

/declare test global
/varset test blahblah
/echo @test
[MQ2] blahblah
/varset test 1
/echo @test
[MQ2] 1est
/varadd test 1
/echo @test
[MQ2] 2.00
/varset test blah
/if "@blah"=="blah" /echo true
Couldn't find a comparision operator in 'blah'

.. I ran the uservarstest.mac and nothing passed. It always adds this mysterious character to every variable

any ideas?
thanks
-Alco

wassup
Official Guardian and Writer of TFM
Official Guardian and Writer of TFM
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:15 pm

Post by wassup » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:25 pm

Not going to bother with the dumb poll, but it seems there is a problem with variables with the new system Lax is working on. I had the same problem with something I was doing as part of the readme update...

http://macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6098

User avatar
dont_know_at_all
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5450
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:15 am
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by dont_know_at_all » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:06 pm


dok
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:38 pm

Post by dok » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:08 pm

I tried all the commands you posted and got exactly what I should have. (even with the @blah instead lf @test at the end, but it returned false for that statement with @blah in there. true with @test. I didn't get any of those  characters in mine, or variables being combined like you're showing.

but, I did compile with both the new data system, and the old parm system both active.

wassup
Official Guardian and Writer of TFM
Official Guardian and Writer of TFM
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:15 pm

Post by wassup » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:18 pm

dok wrote:I tried all the commands you posted and got exactly what I should have. (even with the @blah instead lf @test at the end, but it returned false for that statement with @blah in there. true with @test. I didn't get any of those  characters in mine, or variables being combined like you're showing.

but, I did compile with both the new data system, and the old parm system both active.
That's why. If you disable the old system, that is when the problems appear.

mcnealis
decaying skeleton
decaying skeleton
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:24 am
Location: California
Contact:

Post by mcnealis » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:26 pm

Works like a charm!! Thanks so much!!!