CTD on on loading, BT included

A forum for reporting bugs NOT related to custom plugins.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

ImaNoob
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:37 am

CTD on on loading, BT included

Post by ImaNoob » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:07 am

Ok, all changes made to code as per forum threads 3-11-04 and am now CTD immediately after character screen post splash.

Backtrace:

[MQ2]mq2chatwnd->SetGameState(7)
[MQ2]PluginsSetGameState(253)
[MQ2]mq2chatwnd->SetGameState(253)
[MQ2]PluginsSetGameState(5)
[MQ2]mq2chatwnd->SetGameState(5)
[MQ2]Adding WndNotification target 'ChatWindow'
[MQ2]CChatHook::Detour(Welcome to EverQuest!)
[MQ2]CChatHook::Detour(You have entered Toxxulia Forest.)
[MQ2]CChatHook::Detour(MESSAGE OF THE DAY: Are you going to be a part of the 5th Anniversary of Everquest Fan Faire on April 1-4? If you haven't yet, be sure to visit www.everquest.com/fanfaire Today to secure your place in this historic EQ event because registration closes on Monday 3/15/04! )
First-chance exception at 0x0059aebe in eqgame.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xc2a94000.
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x7cc) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Mckorr
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2326
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Mckorr » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:13 am

Sounds like a bad offset.

There have also been some struct changes, might be one of those is off... in this case sounds like the ZONEINFO struct.

ImaNoob
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:37 am

Not sure why this works but...

Post by ImaNoob » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:45 pm

Ok the following 2 solutions both seem to solve my crash program...

Either wait until your character is loaded to load mq2

or type

/plugin mq2map unload

at character screen and

/plugin mq2map load

everything appears to work normally again.

My theory is that there is still something wrong in the map plugin.

If I try to zone I crash with almost the same results as before unless I unload map before I zone, and then reload the map after I zone in....

Best work-around ATM?

/plugin mq2map unload

when doing anything that may need to reload the zone.

Then use the map plugin only in a zone where it's needed, this effectively means that all macros using teleport type spells are broken, unless there is a way to unload and load plugins within the macro. (I'm sure there is and no I haven't bothered to look, I've been trying to get MQ2 working again since the patch).

Gumby
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:27 pm

Post by Gumby » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:20 pm

Actually the plugin can be loaded, it's with one (or multiple) of the labels which it breaks; specifically, either NPC and/or PC set to show definitely display this behavior. I haven't tried to debug it any further, but with everything set to hide my client zones fine; turned those two on, zoned, CTD.

G

ImaNoob
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:37 am

Update CTDs Appear fixed for now...

Post by ImaNoob » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:46 pm

Ok There has just been an update in the development forum, so I applied the changes and switched CMapViewMap back to MapViewMap and everything seems fine and dandy for now. Will keep you all updated if anymore issues.