Page 1 of 1
${Me.DamageShieldBonus}
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:41 am
by board_lurker_01
I dont know if its intentional or not but it does not include the damageshield generated from bardsongs.
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:51 am
by dman
The 'bonus' types I believe are all stored info of the total bonuses your gear gives you. I don't believe any spell/song affects these.
edit: These bonuses are also found directly in the character data struct and aren't calculated by MQ2, just displayed.
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:56 am
by board_lurker_01
this is a quote from the documentation, then i would change this phrase.
int DamageShieldBonus
Damage shield bonus from gear/spells
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:16 am
by dman
It would be easier if you would ask on SoE's forums to have this number show the total dmg shield so it works as advertised.
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:21 am
by board_lurker_01
I would say theres a reason they dont publicly expose their datastructures and API:s no?
So that would not be a particularly good idea. I humbly come here trying to help with pointing out errors in the documentation, is this wanted or not?
Else I have no need of remarks like the previous one. Im not demanding anything, so what was the purpose of your post?
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:47 am
by dman
edit reworded more nicely
The readme pretty cleary states how to address suggestions/changes to the manuals. As you didn't do that, I had to assume the only other way to correct the problem you observed was to address the problem with SoE as to how they send the info to the client.
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:41 am
by aChallenged1
In otherwords, PM your change submission to Wassup. With reasoning behind it.
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:51 am
by board_lurker_01
This was the info I was looking for,
I had to assume the only other way to correct the problem you observed was to address the problem with SoE as to how they send the info to the client.
In essence this was what I was asking, will this be fixed or does something prevent it from beeing fixed.
Anyways, ill submit a documentation change request as pointed out.
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:13 pm
by Amadeus
All of the 'bonuses':
Code: Select all
DWORD HPBonus;
DWORD ManaBonus;
DWORD EnduranceBonus;
DWORD CombatEffectsBonus;
DWORD ShieldingBonus;
DWORD SpellShieldBonus;
DWORD AvoidanceBonus;
DWORD AccuracyBonus;
DWORD StunResistBonus;
DWORD StrikeThroughBonus;
DWORD DoTShieldBonus;
DWORD AttackBonus;
DWORD HPRegenBonus;
DWORD ManaRegenBonus;
DWORD DamageShieldBonus;
are ONLY affected by gear. Nothing else.
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:16 pm
by board_lurker_01
Change request sent for documentation.
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:21 pm
by Cr4zyb4rd
Also it should be noted that these don't take "caps" into account, at least for some of them. I had my attack bonus at something like 345 for a while, and I know my regen's way over what I actually get.
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:54 am
by Sharp of Fairlight
Gear and Statfood/drink according to the exe.
Edit: Statfood/drink could be considered gear technically.