Page 1 of 1

Question...

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:38 am
by an00bis
Now, I'm a complete noob to MQ2 an whatnot, and just found out about it last nite, and I had a couple of questions. We first started talking about it when a low level pally (on the new server) had a defiance and some other nice items. He said he doesn't have another char on this server. Apparently that statement was also a riddle we were supposed to guess at. Well, during our grping with him, he died and then immediatly "warped" back to the grp. Some people in the grp talked about MQ2 and warping, or making other NPC's talk etc etc. Well, thats what got me interested in MQ2. I read the manual, downloaded the source, compiled and what not, but haven't had a chance to toy with, and maybe wont, just because I am paranoid. But in my reading no where did I see stuff about warping, so maybe this dude was using something else.

But ultimately heres my question: Using MQ2, is there anyway to transfer items from one character to another (on a different server)? I don't want to pay 75.00 just so my new char can have some items and some PP for spells. From what i've read, I don't see how thats possible, but the people I was talking to made it seem like you could do anything with MQ2

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:54 am
by Amadeus
no.

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:05 pm
by Lax
lol

Step 1. Hack into the player database on server a
Step 2. Hack into the player database on server b
Step 3. Copy your data from server a to server b
Step 4. Give yourself billions of platinum
Step 5. Insert your own items into the server's item database

Ahh yes, hacking into the server's databases, we do that all the time!