Page 1 of 1

Slow performance with macros.

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:59 pm
by grimjack
I have not been able to pinpoint the problem but genbot runs a lot slower with mq2 than with mq1. Runing 1 instance of everquest on a machine and you notice it a little. Running 2 or more there is a real hit in performance. I have debug turned off, map unloaded, fps unloaded, labels unloaded and anything else that isn't needed.

Running 3 eq on one machine with genbot and mq1 works fine. When I try to on mq2, all machines start to have bad framerate. The machine that has the focus has about a 3-4 second response time to commands but the ones that don't have 8-10 second or more. At first I thougth this may have to do with the fps limiter so I removed it with no gain.

I've tried tweaking the turbo setting but that either makes the machines too choppy or makes them respond too slowly. I took a look at some of the source for the macro parsing and didn't see anything that could be causing the slowdown but I'm a novice at best when it comes to real development.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
GrimJack

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:55 pm
by Lax
I would say try it with FPS limiter on, but set max fps for fg and bg to 0

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:04 am
by gnome001
actually i've been having big problems with genbot and mq 1 recently.. up to 3 minute delay on tells from master.. (wrong thread to bring it up i know, but just thought i'd mention it)

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:29 am
by grimjack
Lax wrote:I would say try it with FPS limiter on, but set max fps for fg and bg to 0
This made things worse. Also tried with bots that run in the background set to 0/0 and fg master with 60/0. FPS on main char was at about 22 when genbot was running with the other 2 accounts. I'm not sure what version of mq1 I'm using that does not have the problem but I'm sure it's one from not long after the patch.

I also notice it's a bit more chopy running 1 account at a time than it was with previous versions. I had to turn my turbo down to 25 from 75. I have encountered a few parser bugs as well recently. I occasionaly get problems with /if statements that have been working for hours that causes the bots to shut down. I'm not sure if this is related or not.

The drop in fps now that I loaded the fps limiter is like this:

3 accounts loaded no bots. Master with no genbot is cookin along at about 110 fps. Load 1 bot macro and master drops down to around 30fps. Load other bot and it drops down to 22fps. When I FG the bot windows they are running around 8-12 fps.

With mq1 bot commands usualy take around 1-2 seconds even when the bot is in the fg. With mq2 I've seen it take up to 20 seconds.

Thanks for replying so fast too.

GrimJack

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:58 am
by Lax
Try turning off debugspew in MQ2Utilities (by commenting #define DBG_SPEW or whatever) and see if it makes the difference. Parameter parsing spews a ton of useless shit, even though the spew from that doesn't go to file as of a couple MQ2 versions ago