Page 1 of 1

MQ related, but not

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:23 pm
by mekaniak
I know this is for MQ general stuff and this kind of relates to it. My question is this...What is a good program to decompile/disassemble .exe files and the like? Just kind of curious for reasons outside of EQ/MQ. Thanks a bunch.

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:54 pm
by Mckorr
For basic disassembly, i.e. when I want to find changed offsets, I use wdasm89. All it does is disassemble though, so if you need editing capabilities (like disassembling to change character strings or messages inside the file) you'll need something with a little more umph.

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:28 pm
by EqMule
I use IDA

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:51 pm
by vzmule
I agree with McKorr, wdasm.

http://forever-hacking.net/?p=files

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:01 pm
by Lax
WDASM is poo

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:18 pm
by EqMule
yeah but it gets the job done and is "almost" free compared to ida, which can be a bitch to get hold of, unless you like me, fork up 400$ for it...

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:50 am
by mekaniak
thanks a bunch guys. I'll look into those.

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:36 am
by NotSoCSharp
Is this what you guys are talking about?

http://www.datarescue.com/

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:47 am
by Lax
Yes that's where to get IDA. You have to jump through lots of hoops to even get a demo from them though, I suggest either buying it or looking for "alternate" methods ;)