Page 1 of 1

Item Values

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:11 pm
by GeoffreyF67
I tried a search but can't find the answer I'm looking for...

I noticed that when I created an item it was worth 144 pp if I right clicked on it to view the item. However, when I went to sell it to a vendor the vendor will only purchase it for 137 pp.

I am attempting to sell it in the plane of knowledge where I'm indifferent and my cha is at 136. As far as I knew previously, as long as your cha was over 110 you got the best price buying and selling.

Can someone point out where my errors are?

BTW, great program guys!

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:23 pm
by Lax
Shops have a thing called markup, that's about the only way to explain it. In order for the shops to make money (yes this is a game and they dont really make money, but this is how its designed) they buy low and sell high. You could find a shop's markup % by comparing the value shown on right click with the value the shop keeper gives you. This could be very useful :)

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:52 pm
by tbigg
The difference in price is not the differnece between merchant sell price and merchant buyback price. That difference is usually much larger.

The merchant buyback price that is sent by the server in the item packet is always reduced by a certain factor. If your CHA is >= 104 and the merchant is Indif or better, then the factor I use is 1.05. In your case, 144 / 1.05 = 137. This is the max you will ever receive from a merchant for that item.

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:49 pm
by TheColonel
Yes, seems to go on 5% increments... not sure where the cutoffs are though... did some playing.... decided when I was getting the best price, and I only buy/sell if I'm getting that.... seems to have made me a few hundred so far.