Page 5 of 7

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:54 am
by Arseno
oops, ok, ok :lol:

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:15 pm
by Arseno
Hi Lax, is there anything in the pipe yet ? Thanks in advance.

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:57 pm
by Lax
You are persistent, I'll give you that ;) I'll make sure it gets fixed on the next patch.

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:00 pm
by Arseno
/duck

Hehe, sorry, yes, don't wanna be annoying tough, I just really miss it, its such an awesome tool !

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:12 pm
by Lax
I did something that might be better. I posted a news item on http://teqim.sourceforge.net where it is sure to be read and the information given to SOE (note that TEQIM is currently circulating the EQ news circuit). Hopefully they put it directly into EQ.

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:28 pm
by Mckorr
Isn't the CPU limiter function already built into MQ2?

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:53 pm
by gnome001
yes, but some people don't want to run full blown mq. they just want the cpu limiter function.

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:05 am
by Arseno
Weird, if you managed to get it to run in MQ, which is sure way more complex, how is it possible that it wont work in EQCPU?

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:56 am
by Lax
because there was something wrong with EQCPU. quit worrying about it, email soe, post on station boards, etc. and get them to do it. I already emailed eqtech@soe.sony.com

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:39 am
by Arseno
Bah, I sure worry cause they suck or they would have implemented your suggestions ages ago, sigh. Remember how long EQW was out before they did anything to even allow EQ in a window ? And their implemenatation of it still sucks compared to EQW. So really, what you expect from them ? I also read the thread on the SOE board that you referred to. Did they even write 1 little tought that his problems might be because they are wasting cpu time to no end? Of course not ...

However, guess I gotta get used to it again to live without it, I really gonna miss it tough.

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:59 pm
by Mpatient1
add to that I've seen them post that the CPU usage of EQ can't be changed and/or that it doesn't effect anything, wouldn't change anything if it was limited... I highly doubt they ever address this. Sorry to hear you're abandoning it, but I understand too.

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:12 pm
by Lax
Not abandoning it, I'm working on getting them to fix it. Also, their implementation doesnt have to suck because they can use the same exact code to do it that I do (mostly).

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:39 am
by Arseno
Hehe, GL, not only to you but to all of us. I'd take every bet that they want use your code, nm how brilliant it is.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:54 pm
by Arseno
Let me guess, heres no xmas present (=EQCPU fix( comiing ?

EQCPU fix ?

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:51 am
by Arseno
Still no chance to see a fix for EQCPU ?