Page 2 of 4

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:55 pm
by Night Hawk
skyler wrote:I see fearless. Do as you say, not as you do? I need to have a post count over 800 and have supplied a macro first before I can be a true asshole such as you? I see now. Should have been added the wiki. "fearless' guide on how to be an asshole, but not a bigger asshole then he" My first post on this explained the problem and then supplied where to find the answer, and even suggested another location for a fix in other locations. Your personal interest in me is a little disturbing however.
The fact of the matter is, JimJohnson's first repy of the thread said it plain and strait. This topic didn't need to go any further than that. PLUS, if this is a modified version of someone else's, than maybe it should have been in that topic anyway.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:18 pm
by preman
Quite right, I see now there is a forum where help (?) is available for conversions. This is my first post and first day here so again sorry for this mess. This was a cut and paste job macro, I made it as simple and (I thought) error free as I knew how.

It worked fine until recently and then I decided to bother you fine people.

I found http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7473 and I would like to ask someone’s opinion on this.

Regarding the tell problem, if I do away completely with group and say and use this instead.

Code: Select all


Sub Event_Chat(ChatType,Sender,ChatText) 

     /if (${Sender.Equal[MyWar]}) { 
          /if (${ChatText.Arg[1].Equal[Nuke]}) { 
               /target id ${ChatText.Arg[2]} 
               /delay 2 
               /cast "sham spell" 
               } 
     } else { 
          /delay 5 
          /tell MyWar ${Sender} told me, '${ChatText} 
     } 
/return

This would allow me to use this macro under tells alone and only from my own character, correct?

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:00 pm
by preman
Now this is sweet, I just figured out what this Wiki thing is. It's an relational database for all macro based scripts. I could learn how read and write macros just from using this. Now why didn't someone explain this to me in the first place instead of going through this flame fest? Still thanks to those that did help, I should be ok from here. :D

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 5:42 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 5:43 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 5:44 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 5:45 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 5:47 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 6:23 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 6:24 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 6:25 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 7:02 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 7:03 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 7:06 am
by xyilla

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2025 7:43 am
by xyilla