Groupalert.mac, a macro for lazy druids.

Macro depository for macros written before the user variable changes that broke all of them.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Malachi
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:29 am
Contact:

Groupalert.mac, a macro for lazy druids.

Post by Malachi » Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:13 am

I just threw this together in....lessee...7 minutes. Mostly, I have a 40's druid who really enjoys charm kiting, and occasionally I group w/ a ranger or someone to bring me blues. This script is designed so that I don't always have to alert my group when I've done something. :)

All it does is announce when you've done certain spells (snare, root, dot, charm) and when these respective spells break.

Actually, it's so when me and my buddy shammy play and I root before charming, he can re-root when it breaks and I'm out hunting for adds. :)

Oh, it's untested. I'll try it tomorrow probably. I'm probably missing something huge. Like....is /g supported for talking to your group? Hmm.

Code: Select all

|Groupalert.mac
|This macro will tell your group info about your spells for you.
|It's pretty basic, to change it just change the syntax in the events.
|It's set up for a druid so that my group knows what I've snared, doted, charmed, etc
|and when these respective spells break.
|by: Malachi

#event Snared "Your target has been ensnared"
#event Root "Your target is bound by ensnaring roots"
#event Charmed "Your target blinks"
#event Snarebroke "Your ensnare spell has worn off"
#event Rootbroke "The roots fall away"
#event Charmbroke "Your charm spell has worn off"
#event Doted "surrounded by a swarm"

sub Main

:MainLoop
/doevents flush
/doevents

sub Event_Snared
/g My mob has successfully been snared.
/goto :MainLoop

sub Event_Root
/g My mob has successfully been rooted...for now.
/goto :MainLoop

sub Event_Charmed
/g My mob is now my pet, at least for a few seconds.
/goto :MainLoop

sub Event_Snarebroke
/g My ensnare spell has worn off, caution that's one fast mob!
/goto :MainLoop

sub Event_Rootbroke
/g My roots have fallen away, that bugger's on the loose!
/goto :MainLoop

sub Event_Doted
/g That nasty mob has been doted.
/goto :MainLoop
/return
/end
Look mom, I finally wrote one! Lol.
~malachi
~Oh danny boy, the pipes the pipes are calling.~

User avatar
SingleServing
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:00 pm

Pausing

Post by SingleServing » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:27 am

I had problems with MQ pausing the macro every time I gave it a chat command.... gl let me know how it goes =)
[color=DarkBlue]Everything,[/color] [color=DarkBlue][b]is[/b][/color] [color=black]black[/color] [color=DarkBlue]and[/color] [color=white]white[/color][color=DarkBlue], when you zoom out it looks[/color] [color=gray]grey[/color][color=DarkBlue].[/color]

Malachi
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:29 am
Contact:

Ah...hmmmm.

Post by Malachi » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:51 am

I sorta forgot that I have to go to work today, but I'll try to fiddly with it tonight.

~malachi
~Oh danny boy, the pipes the pipes are calling.~

lifewolf
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:29 pm

Post by lifewolf » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:15 am

I was thinking of making a macro to do this too..

Guess druids are lazy and think alike huh? ...

User avatar
Fippy
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:42 am

Post by Fippy » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:30 am

Druids aint lazy. They like to make the best use of available time.
Fippy

This is my girl. But Rizwank had her first :-)
[img]http://www.btinternet.com/~artanor/images/fairy_bounce09.gif[/img]