Woes with begging

A forum for reporting bugs NOT related to custom plugins.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Glasscoin
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:57 am

Woes with begging

Post by Glasscoin » Thu May 06, 2004 9:01 am

${Me.AbilityReady[Begging]}

always returns NULL for me, rather than TRUE or FALSE. Additionally,

/doability begging

always returns "You do not seem to have that ability on a /doability button."

And yes, I do have that ability on a doability button, before you ask. :)

Jerle69
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:26 pm

Post by Jerle69 » Thu May 06, 2004 10:35 am

Is it "Begging" or "Beg" ? Not sure, just asking the question.
--Jerle

Lax
We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:01 pm
Location: ISBoxer
Contact:

Post by Lax » Thu May 06, 2004 2:19 pm

Works fine for me. If you're smoking something, it's time to pass it

/echo ${Me.AbilityReady[Begging]}
TRUE
/doability Begging
You must target someone to beg from first.
Lax Lacks
Master of MQ2 Disaster
Purveyor of premium, EULA-safe MMORPG Multiboxing Software
* Multiboxing with ISBoxer: Quick Start Video
* EQPlayNice, WinEQ 2.0

NobodyImportant
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:42 pm

Post by NobodyImportant » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:57 am

I get this same error.

Drumstix42
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 4:25 pm

Post by Drumstix42 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:03 pm

Do you have the Beg ability on a button in your Abilities window (not talking about your Hot Keys)

User avatar
Fippy
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:42 am

Post by Fippy » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:53 am

I noticed a problem with begging this weekend. I have it in my hunting script attack loop (seems to help with taunting) but after the first time I cant open my inventory and the looting dialog wont ever come up. Everything else seems to work OK though. Most strange, Ill try some more testing and see if its a specifc set of circumstances to reproduce.
Fippy

This is my girl. But Rizwank had her first :-)
[img]http://www.btinternet.com/~artanor/images/fairy_bounce09.gif[/img]

Drumstix42
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 4:25 pm

Post by Drumstix42 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:20 am

Yeah happened to my simple beg/fight macro I made, it was like being bugged, where you couldn't click anything, IE spells, inventory, ect.

haven't tried it 2nd time. Never feel like having to restart ;)

Virtuoso65
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:29 pm

Post by Virtuoso65 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:05 pm

You can not do an ability that you do not have hotkeyed in the actions window. Try this I bet it works for you.

Drumstix42
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 4:25 pm

Post by Drumstix42 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:52 pm

I never said it wouldn't beg, I wouldn't so easily make that mistake, if you noticed I said what you said like 5 posts up.

It just seems to bug and lockup after using it.