Credits in readme are all fucked up

A forum for reporting bugs NOT related to custom plugins.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

User avatar
Imperfect
Macro Author
Macro Author
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:52 am

Credits in readme are all fucked up

Post by Imperfect » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:56 am

Not sure who is currently working on the readme however the credits are quite incomplete and somewhat wrong. Plazmic is the reason this whole thing is here. And just having him as the person who did the old map code is quite offensive. Well that and I tested most of the features and was somewhat his Program manager and main tester when he started writing this.

Imp

Lax
We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:01 pm
Location: ISBoxer
Contact:

Post by Lax » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:07 am

Yeah, i get credited for "Optimized Map Code, /keypress, /itemnotify", not like I do much else, right? ;) The credits could be fixed up to be more accurate about contributions
Lax Lacks
Master of MQ2 Disaster
Purveyor of premium, EULA-safe MMORPG Multiboxing Software
* Multiboxing with ISBoxer: Quick Start Video
* EQPlayNice, WinEQ 2.0

wassup
Official Guardian and Writer of TFM
Official Guardian and Writer of TFM
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:15 pm

Post by wassup » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:22 am

Well, I know this, but so many people have left and joined... who is around who can list who did what?

Top of the readme says:
PM Wassup on the MQ website if you have comments or suggestions about the manual
No one has sent a thing in about the credits...

How about I just remove them? Would that be better?

Oh, and I didn't know that the Credits in the readme were a bug with MQ2 ;)

Amadeus
The Maestro
The Maestro
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:51 pm

Post by Amadeus » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:41 pm

I say remove them entirely as to avoid any political headaches.


The source has copyrights with Lax and Plaz's names, and if people contribute code they should fucking put in their names in it if having credit means that much.


So yes, removing them entirely is my vote. The people that matter know who is whom, the rest won't care anyway.

User avatar
Imperfect
Macro Author
Macro Author
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:52 am

Post by Imperfect » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:51 pm

I like the remove it vote then too :)