Bard Chant / Charm

Got a cool macro idea? Wanna request a macro? Here is the place for you!

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

GuardianX99
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:31 pm
Contact:

Bard Chant / Charm

Post by GuardianX99 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:35 am

I have looked through the all of the boards for a bard Chant AND Charm bot but have not found one.

Concept goes like this.

Macro Charm kills the highest con NPC 1st with charm kiting then when low on mana moves over to chant kiting til FM then repeats the process.

I have found Chant kiting macro's which are VERY useful but I really have no idea how the inner workings of them come together. I have been doing some "hacking" on the chant macros that are out there to try and mod them to include Charming but its been nothing but garbage so far.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Hopefully I can add my own code to this later and see where I am going wrong.

Thanks for whatever help / debate this topic may ispire.

magictiger
a snow griffon
a snow griffon
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:24 pm

Post by magictiger » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:17 am

Have you tried having the macro check your current mana and decide to either chant or to charm from there and having seperate sections for each?
I'm thinking something along the lines of (I'm *NOT* a programmer, so do *NOT* copy this code.)

/setvar i=0
/if n $char(mana,pct)>= 95 {
/setvar i=1}

and in your main loop

/if n i==1 /goto :charm
/goto :chant

Instead of just /goto labels, you'd probably want to call a seperate sub so that you don't switch types in the middle of a kite (unless that's something you'd want to do)

Doing it that way, you'd pretty much have to make sure each section has its own loop inside the sub that /returns to the main after some condition is met.


I think it's time I sit down and start looking into some of the programming for this :) I'll probably wait until the new data system is good and documented.