Question regarding HP value Labels

Forum for posting custom UIs, portions of UIs, and HUD stuff using MQ's enhancements.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

nbjeter3
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:18 am

Question regarding HP value Labels

Post by nbjeter3 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:34 pm

I have A cleric Friend who is also An MQ user And I have been Editing my UI files Using Pieces From Several Different UI's Posted On this board to create My own custom UI. I like having all The info That is provided And Am always Looking for new things To Add. One of The things I was Wondering about, At The request of My cleric Friend, she was wanting To see if i Could Add to The group Window the group Members Current HP, in Order To better Decide Which heal To use to be as Mana efficient as possible. I Know That SEQ Users have The Ability To Target A Mob And It show Them Their Current HP amount And Was wondering if The same Thing can be done with Group Members? if So, What Code Would i use To define the Label? I tried Looking through a Player Window File That Has The Player Max/current HP showing But Cannot Find what i'm looking for. I tried using The Current Mana Formula From That And Change the $player to $target and Replacing The mana with HP in The Formula And The closest i can Come is to Show Percentage.. Well My target Window already Has That so its a bit On The redundant Side.. Any help would be nice... Thank you This is What i have So Far..

Code: Select all

<Label item="TW_HPCur">
    <ScreenID>TW_HPCur</ScreenID>
    <EQType>9999</EQType>
    <TooltipReference>$if(n,$target(hp,max)>0,$target(hp,cur),"")</TooltipReference>
    <Font>2</Font>
    <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
    <Location>
      <X>30</X>
      <Y>15</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
      <CX>40</CX>
      <CY>15</CY>
    </Size>
    <TextColor>
      <R>60</R>
      <G>220</G>
      <B>255</B>
    </TextColor>
    <NoWrap>true</NoWrap>
    <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
    <AlignRight>true</AlignRight>
    <AlignLeft>false</AlignLeft>
  </Label>	
Don't hate Me cuz I'm beautiful.. I Can give you MUCH better reasons Than That....

Noone Likes A necro... till Mid-battle And They're OOM..

flightrecorder
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:06 am
Location: Sydney

Post by flightrecorder » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:27 am

[edit]
decided to give some USEFUL info :-)

You shouldnt require the if in there

e.g. calculating plat
$int($calc($char(plat,shared)+$char(plat))) is permissible

for the hp's it should be similar but I'm at work and cant test it sry
With knowledge comes power....so RTFM

flightrecorder
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:06 am
Location: Sydney

Post by flightrecorder » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:49 am

ok, actually thought about this and realised what you were asking

you will have to use $group to pull in the ID numbers of your members then push that through $target in some manner. Cant test atm.
With knowledge comes power....so RTFM

nbjeter3
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:18 am

Post by nbjeter3 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:51 am

I'm currently testing the label in the Target Window Thas why I'm usin $target instead of $group.. This way i Don't have to ask random people to group With Me To Test it..But thank you for the help. Was told by everyone else in the IRC channel that HP info is no longer transmitted so its prolly a moot point anyways. nonetheless thank you for tryin
Don't hate Me cuz I'm beautiful.. I Can give you MUCH better reasons Than That....

Noone Likes A necro... till Mid-battle And They're OOM..

flightrecorder
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:06 am
Location: Sydney

Post by flightrecorder » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:08 am

hey :-)

home now,

done like this, unless HP's arent transmitted anymore, I'll go with the devs on this

<TooltipReference>$spawn($group([1-5 for each member]),hp,cur)</TooltipReference>

$spawn deals with PC's also
and I just learnt something new about MQ2 :-)
With knowledge comes power....so RTFM

User avatar
Elric
Cheese Whore
Cheese Whore
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:31 am
Location: Tampa, Fl
Contact:

Post by Elric » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:45 am

[1:34am] <05Elric> SnYpEr_26: You really have to do something about that shift key, guy. And the concensus is "Nope, can't be done" .. The server no longer sends HP as a definable number, it merely calculates the percentage and sends that. Which is why when someone does bind wound, the HP bar jumps erratically before settling to another percentage.
:-)
-Elric