A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy
Moderator: MacroQuest Developers
-
Wylker
- a lesser mummy

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:32 pm
Post
by Wylker » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:37 pm
Greetings folks, just spent a few hours looking things over and then successfully compiled my first code ever (MQ2)... on the first try!
Yes yes, im very impressed with myself. Just wanted to say hi and thanks to the helpful to noob posts out there.
Wylker
-
Otterboyy
- decaying skeleton

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:21 am
Post
by Otterboyy » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:52 pm
Did the same thing 2 days ago.
I had one problem and that was due to me reading to fast. I went back, re-read the instructions.
Done.
VC 6 btw.
Thank you for the easy to follow instructions.
-
Bad Karma
- a snow griffon

- Posts: 346
- Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:34 pm
-
Contact:
Post
by Bad Karma » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:34 am
*blink*
Hmm...it's not April Fool's day yet...
Naww....can't be true!
Someone should sticky this thread....or copy it to the main page....as proof that with a little reading it really CAN be done!
[b]- Bad Karma
________________________________________[/b]
In our own quest for excellence, we should strive to take the time to help those who help themselves.
All others should [b]RTFM[/b]!!!!!!!!!
-
Elric
- Cheese Whore

- Posts: 466
- Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:31 am
- Location: Tampa, Fl
-
Contact:
Post
by Elric » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:39 am
This was just before the patch, Bad.
And yeah, I got shocked too.
-
Boredbard
- a ghoul

- Posts: 89
- Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:49 am
Post
by Boredbard » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:07 am
I got MQ2 to work on the second try... after I remembered to run MQ2Auth....
Not terribly difficult or anything.
-
PhoenixZorn
- Macro Czar
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:20 pm
-
Contact:
Post
by PhoenixZorn » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:43 am
OMFG
Not terribly difficult or anything.
I lub this guy!!! Well... after he ran MQ2Auth that is... but at least he read up on how to do it. And thank you all for NOT saying you are ready to run MQ and use macros... Actually compiling and understanding the program is far better than saying you understand it and are ready for it. Bleh... Thank you all again for not being dumbasses.
-
Bad Karma
- a snow griffon

- Posts: 346
- Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:34 pm
-
Contact:
Post
by Bad Karma » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:42 am
Quick, somebody give these guys a cookie or something!
No, seriously. I really do wish there were more of you around. Makes live so much more enjoyable.
And makes getting caught up on a month of missed posts so much quicker.

[b]- Bad Karma
________________________________________[/b]
In our own quest for excellence, we should strive to take the time to help those who help themselves.
All others should [b]RTFM[/b]!!!!!!!!!
-
Sniper
- decaying skeleton

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:24 pm
Post
by Sniper » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:02 pm
Lol.. I didn't know us new folks needed to post successful compiling of the code, but on second thought I guess all that really gets posted is problems and questions rather than the latter.
So.. with the help of the wonderful manual (which was printed out and read before i even downloaded the code) and the SEARCH function of the forum, I had gotten MQ compiled pre-GoD release.. had it running.. added a plugin to the code (the DPS thing).. figured out how to fire up the telnet ability of MQ and started issuing commands via a telnet client just to see it work. Other than that.. hey what's macroquest without trying out a macro? So I started modifying a macro in the depot and before i could test anything out... GoD went live so will have to wait til the new code is up to try out my modifications. :)
So to all you long time forum posters out there... you got at least one more person here that can help himself until I learn the code enough myself and then can hopefully contribute some help of my own. :)
I was a long time MUD programmer in C for about 10 years prior to falling into EQ and i just tripped over this wonderful open source project and it's just what I was looking for to start programming again. A big thank you to the devs, contributors, and cool headed posters out there. ;)
-- Sniper
-
Wylker
- a lesser mummy

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:32 pm
Post
by Wylker » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:23 pm
Heh well i didn't expect to see so many responses. The bottom line is that I dont know crap about coding, I know slightly more than that about scripting, and it looks like this will be a good community to learn some stuff with.
Wylker
PS. Smurf guy (forgot your alias) i love your posts lol
Bad Karma

-
Boredbard
- a ghoul

- Posts: 89
- Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:49 am
Post
by Boredbard » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:13 pm
I try to keep up with the changes and am slowly trying to figgure out how the offsets and structs works. Having a very basic knowledge of C++ i know what some of the tings do, but a few of the snippets you guys make are crazy. I dont bitch when it breaks cause I see what you guys have to do, unlike peeps who just expect it to work!
But yeah, back to patiently waiting for structs and offsets that compile and make eq not CTD...
-
flightrecorder
- a lesser mummy

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:06 am
- Location: Sydney
Post
by flightrecorder » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:46 pm
GoD went live so will have to wait til the new code is up to try out my modifications. :)
Sniper, the super crew here have already CVS'd the offsets and structs plus other stuff, so go hard mate :-)
With knowledge comes power....so RTFM