Nesting and recusion

A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

User avatar
Jon100
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:15 am
Location: UK

Nesting and recusion

Post by Jon100 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:58 pm

Before I code up a sort algorithm I'd like to use...does MQ2 support nested /ifs and recursive subroutines properly?

(I remember there being a comment in the old readme that said there was a problem with nesting, i think).

ml2517
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:12 am

Post by ml2517 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:04 pm

You can nest /if's just fine from my experience. You just need to ensure proper use of your curly braces, else's etc..

Take a look at some of the macro depot scripts and I'm sure you can see some examples.

User avatar
wilso132
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:53 am

Post by wilso132 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:11 pm

Recursion works fine in all the macros I use it in. It's a little different that recursion in C++, but works nontheless :) .