CTD with 11-12 build after patch

A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

TI994a
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:25 pm

CTD with 11-12 build after patch

Post by TI994a » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:07 pm

DL'd the newest latest and greatest build. Compiled just fine. Started EQW, dl'd my patch. As soon as the EQ window poped up with the license agreement, I got a microsoft error message asking if I wanted to report the program error to MS. I can't get any farther than that.

Any ideas? Using the eqgame.ini that came with latest download.

- TI

User avatar
vzmule
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:56 pm

Post by vzmule » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:33 pm

What version of EQW are you using?
The changes Lax put in this morning work fine for me, granted I'm not using eqw, but lots of folks are.

Lax
We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:01 pm
Location: ISBoxer
Contact:

Post by Lax » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:15 pm

I don't believe I put in anything that would crash it at that point no matter what. I'd suggest making sure your eqgame.ini is up to date
Lax Lacks
Master of MQ2 Disaster
Purveyor of premium, EULA-safe MMORPG Multiboxing Software
* Multiboxing with ISBoxer: Quick Start Video
* EQPlayNice, WinEQ 2.0

TI994a
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:25 pm

Post by TI994a » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:53 pm

yeah, i'd recompiled everything, and renamed the exe, and copied to another workstation to run EQ from. It crashed, repeatedly. I recompiled, ran on original station, worked fine. I recopied all files, and it worked fine on the other station the second time around. /shrug

- TI

Mckorr
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2326
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Mckorr » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:57 am

Best bet is to delete your source files, get a clean download, and rebuild. I had something similar happen about a week ago and that cured it. No idea what was causing it.
MQ2: Think of it as Evolution in action.

chickenisgoot
a ghoul
a ghoul
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:52 am

Post by chickenisgoot » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:52 am

Same thing happened to me, I had to also copy eqgame.ini to my "working" mquest directory. Looks like something changed in the offsets or the eqgame.ini file.

Mckorr
Developer
Developer
Posts: 2326
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Mckorr » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:03 am

Always check the eqgame.ini file in the zip/CVS against your working copy. Things do get added and subtracted in it from time to time.
MQ2: Think of it as Evolution in action.