Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Need help with a macro you are writing? Ask here!

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

User avatar
Night Hawk
a grimling bloodguard
a grimling bloodguard
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:56 pm

Post by Night Hawk » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:55 pm

skyler wrote:I see fearless. Do as you say, not as you do? I need to have a post count over 800 and have supplied a macro first before I can be a true asshole such as you? I see now. Should have been added the wiki. "fearless' guide on how to be an asshole, but not a bigger asshole then he" My first post on this explained the problem and then supplied where to find the answer, and even suggested another location for a fix in other locations. Your personal interest in me is a little disturbing however.
The fact of the matter is, JimJohnson's first repy of the thread said it plain and strait. This topic didn't need to go any further than that. PLUS, if this is a modified version of someone else's, than maybe it should have been in that topic anyway.

preman
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:26 pm

Post by preman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:18 pm

Quite right, I see now there is a forum where help (?) is available for conversions. This is my first post and first day here so again sorry for this mess. This was a cut and paste job macro, I made it as simple and (I thought) error free as I knew how.

It worked fine until recently and then I decided to bother you fine people.

I found http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7473 and I would like to ask someone’s opinion on this.

Regarding the tell problem, if I do away completely with group and say and use this instead.

Code: Select all


Sub Event_Chat(ChatType,Sender,ChatText) 

     /if (${Sender.Equal[MyWar]}) { 
          /if (${ChatText.Arg[1].Equal[Nuke]}) { 
               /target id ${ChatText.Arg[2]} 
               /delay 2 
               /cast "sham spell" 
               } 
     } else { 
          /delay 5 
          /tell MyWar ${Sender} told me, '${ChatText} 
     } 
/return

This would allow me to use this macro under tells alone and only from my own character, correct?

preman
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:26 pm

Post by preman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:00 pm

Now this is sweet, I just figured out what this Wiki thing is. It's an relational database for all macro based scripts. I could learn how read and write macros just from using this. Now why didn't someone explain this to me in the first place instead of going through this flame fest? Still thanks to those that did help, I should be ok from here. :D

xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 5:42 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 5:43 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 5:44 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 5:45 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 5:47 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 6:23 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 6:24 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 6:25 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 7:02 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 7:03 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 7:06 am


xyilla
naggy
naggy
Posts: 33673
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2025 5:36 am

Re: Simple macro having problems with MQ2 changes.

Post by xyilla » Thu Jun 05, 2025 7:43 am