visual c++ 6.0

A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

YKW-28983
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:37 pm

Post by YKW-28983 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:47 pm

Not bad, reformatting my win xp partition right now =\ , my sister managed to delete a file that needs to be running @ all times. I was planning on reformatting anyways, but not this soon.

DontShoot
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:20 am

Post by DontShoot » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:49 pm

doh, I just realized, I been here almost as long as L124RD... and have like no posts to show for it. /lurk much? lol.

it is good to see him back though.

I need to reformat... for organizational purposes. :(

YKW-28983
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:37 pm

Post by YKW-28983 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:52 pm

yeah that was mainly why I was going to reformat, I download a bunch of junk all the time and never work any of it down.

about the post things, lizard was usualy busting out code fixes for almost anything that had an issue, plus his macrokit =)

DontShoot
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:20 am

Post by DontShoot » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:13 pm

yea, I quit EQ for about 6 months too (haven't we all done that?), and wasn't visiting the boards. This is part of the reason I had such a hard time figuring out how to get the sourced version working. Going from having it handed to me on a silver platter after every patch to having to compile it was kinduva shock. Back then, I was looking into becoming one of the "uber" macro writers, lol.

I wanna format because I accidentally installed some spyware on my system, and don't want to have to go through the process of cluttering up my system with spyware blockers, etc to get rid of it.

YKW-28983
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:37 pm

Post by YKW-28983 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:16 pm

ad aware =) scans and removes all spyware. just one progie.

User avatar
L124RD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1343
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:15 am
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Post by L124RD » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:24 pm

Salutations,
1) Adaware sucks, Use Spybot Search and Destroy, it replaces some spyware with shells so that programs that require it can still work.
2) I have a 128gb partition now for downloads. It is Organized:
  • AIM
    • <My Name>
      • <Their Name>
    IRC
    • <My Name>
      • <Their Name>
    MSN
    • <My Name>
      • <Their Name>
    Web
    • <Date: [year][month][day] (ie 20030811)>
      • <Website>
    Yahoo
    • <My Name>
      • <Their Name>
Then a 40 gb partion for games, 40 for appz and 40 for the windows drive, and another 40 for projects I work on.

YKW-28983
a hill giant
a hill giant
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:37 pm

Post by YKW-28983 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:11 pm

kick ass setup you got there I just do a 20 20 20. 20 win xp 20 98se and 20 my projects


just realized it wasn't my sister. some new security flaw in xp. link here
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details. ... laylang=en

making new thread about it too.