Debug Assertion Failed

Need help running MacroQuest 1? Too bad! Use MQ2.

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

gameboy
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:28 pm

Debug Assertion Failed

Post by gameboy » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:57 am

I just got a second computer and installed EQ/MQ on it. But everytime I try to bring it up I get:

Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: c:\program files\games\EQ\eqgame.exe
File: fclose.c
Line: 48

Expression: stream != NULL


Both machines are XP. Works fine on the first machine, so I'm not sure why it fails on the second. Any suggestions please?

User avatar
dont_know_at_all
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5450
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:15 am
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by dont_know_at_all » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:36 pm

This is not us -- we don't have an fclose.c.

Does it happen w/out MQ?

gameboy
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:28 pm

Post by gameboy » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:49 pm

EQ works fine without MQ :(

User avatar
dont_know_at_all
Developer
Developer
Posts: 5450
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:15 am
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by dont_know_at_all » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:37 pm

Hook windbg to eqgame.exe before the crash and post the stack trace here.