Finding offsets for test server?

A forum for the general posts relating to MacroQuest. *DEPRECATED: This forum is no longer in public use, but remains here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy

Moderator: MacroQuest Developers

Trixz
a lesser mummy
a lesser mummy
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:18 am

Finding offsets for test server?

Post by Trixz » Wed May 14, 2003 12:59 am

I used to play on test server primarily, and I would really like to go back, but after being hooked on MQ for so long it would be hard to go back without it. What I am asking is if this guide, http://macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1841 would work for finding the offsets on test server? Could I just compare the code from eqgame.exe with the code from testeqgame.exe to find the new offsets?

Amadeus
The Maestro
The Maestro
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:51 pm

Post by Amadeus » Wed May 14, 2003 1:09 am

finding offsets shouldn't be too hard, you're right. If structures have changed, it'll be harder for you ...also, if they add/change any memory checking routines, that will cause you problems.

BUT, it'd be worth a shot :)